How to Cook: Spicy Macedonian Rice
This is definitely an unusual way to cook rice, but I tried it once, and have never gone back to cooking rice in salt and water. Thank you Macedonia!
Vegan Spicy Rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g brown rice
- 100 ml milk alternative
- 25 ml fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the rice under cool water
- bring the stock to a boil in a small pot
- Add in the rice and let it cook until all the stock is absorbed
- Once the rice has softened, add the juice of 1 lemon, or 25ml of lemon juice.
- Add the milk
- When the milk has completely absorbed into your rice, it is ready.
This dish is the perfect side dish for yummy curry, or even as a stand alone dish.