VEGAN BROCCOLI AND LEMON PASTA
This recipe is the ultimate two-pot go to meal. Vegetarian broccoli and lemon pasta, can be made vegan. Ready in 30 minutes. This is a great mid-week meal. Best served with a crunchy salad and some fresh bread.
We are teetering on the edge of summer, or so I keep telling myself. To me, it does not feel like summer until the first proper thunderstorm. Then I can officially toss my socks and knit sweaters in the back of my cupboard where they belong.
Until then, pasta is still one of my favourite go-to meals for the week when it is still chilly in the evenings. This dish is also great for summer evenings, as it does not feel too heavy. You don’t have to lie down after eating a giant bowl (or two) of this lovely pasta.
Let´s rewind to a few weeks back…
I was house/dog sitting for my friend, and that Friday evening before they left, we cooked up this delicious broccoli pasta for dinner. The lemon zest just adds that special something to the pasta that really elevates the dish.
This recipe is vegan, but you can add in some Greek yoghurt to add some creaminess in. Another option is some vegan cream.
As with so many, if not all, of my recipes, this dish has some variations. You can definitely add or omit some ingredients and tweak it to you and your family’s liking.
I personally add some chilli oil to mine, that paired with the lemon zest just tingles my taste buds.
Lets get cooking!
Vegan Broccoli and Lemon Pasta
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 2 baby marrows
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 servings spaghetti
- 1 tsp salt, black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 2 tbs Greek yoghurt optional
- Prepare all your ingredients
- get the water boiling for your pasta. Remember to add salt to the water
- Finely chop the broccoli. Thinly slice the baby marrows
- Lightly fry the broccoli and baby marrows in some olive oil
- Add the garlic in and reduce the heat to ensure the garlic does not burn
- In a separate pot, cook the spaghetti al dente
- Add some lemon zest to the broccoli and marrows
- Once the pasta is done, add it into the pan with the broccoli and marrows
- Gently stir
- If needed, add some of the leftover pasta water
- Season to your taste
- Serve hot with extra lemon zest added on top